SCALEUP CULTURE: HOW HIGH-GROWTH STARTUPS ARE REIMAGINING THE FUTURE OF EMPLOYEE EXPERIENCE
The workforce is rapidly changing what it expects from a job, and it’s no secret that the workplace is struggling to keep up. Most companies are applying band-aid fixes to outdated methods of employee engagement, rather than embrace much more effective and modern processes.
In this bold and invigorating keynote, company leaders will discover a fresh perspective on the tools and techniques that today’s most successful startups are implementing in order to attract and retain top talent. They will be given practical strategies to be more intentional about employee experience design (EXD) and enhance their employee engagement initiatives.
Dive into Josh’s research and trends that identify actionable next steps and paradigm-shifting perspectives on the future of work.
- How to track people analytics in a feedback-first workplace
- Rethink organizational structure and embrace reverse power dynamics
- Embrace the “Work-family” model to maximize performance
- Leverage technology to return to employee engagement basics
PEOPLE BEFORE PROFITS:
TRANSITIONING TO AN EMPLOYEE-CENTRIC WORKPLACE
In today’s marketplace, human capital is an organization’s greatest competitive advantage, and yet, most companies still follow antiquated business models which deceives them into thinking that driving for profit increases profit, at the expense of their top talent.
As a result:
- Turnover is at an all-time high
- Productivity is at an all-time low
- Companies are losing millions of dollars each year in onboarding, training, and lost productivity
In this bold and invigorating keynote, company leaders will learn practical strategies on how to place employee experience before customer experience in order to drive sales and boost revenue.
The new way forward in business is a people first model. This keynote gives leaders the tools and confidence they need to boldly make the transition.
- Ability to spot “false profits” in your business model
- 4 steps to transitioning to a People-Before-Profits model
- The 3 C’s of employee experience
- Weathering the “Profit Dip” and winning over skeptics
- How to determine and demonstrate that it is working
INNOVATION SECRETS FROM THE HARVARD INNOVATION LABS
Some of the greatest businesses in the world were born out of Harvard, whether it’s Mark Zuckerberg’s Facebook, or Bill Gates with Microsoft. Harvard designed the Innovation Labs to cultivate a set of proven formulas and models for innovation which they use to help student entrepreneurs take their business ideas further, faster.
In this keynote, Josh shares lessons learned from his time at the i-Lab, both as a startup venture and staff member, to help your organization find new and profitable ways to innovate. You’ll learn cutting-edge concepts, discover inventive new mindsets, and hear success stories from companies that are shaping the future.
If your organization is eager to stay relevant in today’s economy and is ready to supercharge your creativity, this is the perfect keynote for your event.
- How to cultivate innovative traits
- Designing an environment that is conducive to innovation
- Increase confidence and creativity
- Getting comfortable with uncertainty and mounting odds
- Leveraging individual talents to produce extraordinary results.
HOW TO ATTRACT TOP TALENT WITH LESS
In a future workplace, employers will maximize employee potential and productivity by deeply understanding their unique motivators, work preferences, and communication styles. Fortunately, new-age technology allows companies to deliver accurate data on the culture of their workplace. In this keynote, Josh outlines 4 strategies and mindsets of exemplary organizations who are winning the talent war and how to design a similar employee experience without offering more money or benefits. Participants will learn how to design a cause for the organization to rally behind, clarify communication channels, and develop an award-winning culture that employees are excited to be a part of.
Effectively implementing a technology solution begins first with understanding your people, then outlining your goals to maximize their potential, and then finding the technology solution that supports those initiatives. All too often organizations start with tech and complain that it didn’t fix the problem. If you’ve ever tried to implement technology that failed to produce the desired results, this keynote will help set you on the right path to success.
- Understanding the “People First, Technology Second” Model
- Deepen understanding of employees with tech
- How to attract top talent with less
- How to find the right technology
- Empower front line managers to drive engagement