THE FUTURE OF WORK
People Analytics. Culture Data. Predictive People Decisions.
This is the future of work. It’s almost ridiculous to think about when you put it into context. Think of it this way, organizations have data for almost every measurement possible, except when it comes to employees. Sure, we have performance metrics, but what about the human side of things? What are your employees intrinsic motivators? How do they fit into the team? What communication style do they prefer?
This is the kind of data that will drive decisions in the next decade. Employers will have a much easier time knowing who to hire and how long they will stay. They will understand who to promote that will best fit that team’s needs. In short, they will be able to make business decisions based on what is best for employees and we will see a major uptick in financial results.
Employee engagement will give way to employee experience and most organizations will put more training and tech in place to better their people.
For more resources:
- Deloitte: https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/insights/focus/technology-and-the-future-of-work.html
- Forbes: https://www.forbes.com/sites/bernardmarr/2019/07/15/the-future-of-work-5-important-ways-jobs-will-change-in-the-4th-industrial-revolution/#5586441254c7
- McKinsey: https://www.mckinsey.com/featured-insights/employment-and-growth/technology-jobs-and-the-future-of-work
- OECD: https://www.oecd.org/employment/future-of-work/
- ILO: https://www.ilo.org/global/topics/future-of-work/lang–en/index.htm
- Virgin: https://www.virgin.com/virgin-unite/entrepreneurship/five-things-you-need-know-about-future-work