WHO ARE YOU GOING TO PROMOTE?
It’s a difficult decision that has a far reaching impact on the employees that this potential manager is going to lead. And, all too often, companies look at the top performer, who seems to stand head and shoulders above the rest according to their performance metrics…
…but do they actually have the skills to lead?
In this video we outline why you should think twice before hiring the top performer and look beneath the surface to find the true leader in the team.
In this video you will learn:
- High Performance vs. High Potential
- How to keep round pegs out of square holes.
- Rewarding and promoting people based on succession pipelines
- High performance checklist
- Including employees in the decision-making process
- Stop manager shaming!
- How to start training managers to become leaders
So the next time you have a big decision to make in promoting the next manager, consider the intrinsic motivators and engagement of employees. If you’d like help to identify these traits in your top employees, feel free to contact my team at Forgeant. We have all the tech and survey capabilities that you’ll need in order to make the right fit. www.forgeant.com.
Thanks for watching!